Monday, March 26, 2007

In the Kitchen: Salmon Potato Green Chili Cakes

The menu for tonight was Salmon Potato Cakes with Green Chili with a Tomatillo and Yellow Squash Garlic Sauce. The potato cakes were prepared by combining 1 7oz pouch of drained pink salmon, 3 table spoons of Hot Dice Green Chilis, 3 white mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup of milk (I used goat milk) and enough Arrowhead Mills Multi-grained pancake mix, and one egg. I mixed this until a thick pancake batter consistency and then cooked on a iron skillet sprayed with a vegetable oil non-stick spray.


While I was cooking the salmon cakes I prepared a Tomatillo sauce by cooking 5-6 tomatillos with 3 grated cloves of garlic and salt to taste. I cooked until mixture was nearly thickened and then added one dice yellow squash. I cooked this til squash was cooked and sauce thickened. I served the two Salmon Potato Green Chili Cakes covered with the Tomatillo Sauce. It was so good I had another. -JA

No comments: