Friday, March 27, 2009

Sketchbook: March Gallery Sketching

The project for this past Thursday night was to integrate 2D and 3D. We were sketching in the Japanese/Chinese Decorative Art Galleries. I chose this pair of vases from the 19th century Meijing Period. I used my favorite light and dark sketching technique. I believe that these vases depict Mt Fuji. They were on a pedestal with one forward and the other back closer to the wall.

This drawing was done in the George Segal Exhibit at the Nasher on March 19. I thought that this scene was very similar to that depicted in Edward Hopper's Nighthawks in both subject and character.



This sketch was done in the European Galleries on March 12. Our assignment was to integrate multiple 2d Artwork into one. All of the paintings I chose were on the same section in the gallery. The children in the foreground are in a painting entitled "The Lesson." A Manet Painting entitled "The Bugler" is in the background, as is the portrait to the left.

No comments: