Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Rock Art

I have been going through my archives and scanning some old negatives. In this post I go back to 1985 and present the images I took during my Geology Thesis research in Big Bend National Park. These rocks were from the McKinney Hills in the East Central part of the Park. As part of my thesis I had to cut and create thin sections whereby I essentially glued a transparent section of each of my samples onto a glass slide. When the final transparent thin section is put under a microscope under plain, and under polarized light. The dark image with color was taken under polarized light.


I think of these as natures abstract art. Look at the colors and textures in these images. I have posted a gallery of many other slides in this Rock Art Gallery.

No comments: