Tuesday, December 30, 2008

In the Kitchen: Tuscan Soup

While I was editing my Horse Sale photos I had a pot of this Tuscan Soup on the Stove. This is not my recipe, but one sent to me by my Mom. It is very simple and easy to prepare. Brown 1 lb of Bulk Italian Sausage in your skillet. Add 4 cups of water and several cut up potatoes and cook potatoes until you can break them up. Add 1/2 bunch of Kale Greens cut into strips.
There are several varieties of Kale, but I used an Organic Narrow leaf California Kale.
Simmer this until the Kale is cooked, add more water if neccessary. You may mash some of the potatoes to thicken the soup. Finally add 1/2 cup or so of skim milk and cook to desired consistency. I am posting this recipe both the share and to have a reference next time I want to prepare it.

No comments: