Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dallas Arts District Museum Block Party

Friday night I went to the Late Nights Art District Block Party where the Dallas Museum of Art, The Nasher Sculpture Center, and the Crow Collection of Asian Art were all open late. I first visited the American Galleries where I had seen the evening before a great shadow play on the walls with the George Washington Sculpture.
I then went to the Nasher Sculpture Center where I found another great shadow display with David Smiths' "The Forest" on the travertine walls.
I then photographed these two views of the Jonathan Borofsky Sculpture "Walking to the Sky."

One of my favorites at the Nasher is this Giant Steel Sculpture by Richard Serra. When the museum is not crowded you can walk inside between these two curved slabs of steel. I found this narrow frame of a skyscraper as I looked up.



After Dark there was European Music (Tre Versi) which you might hear in the Sidewalk Cafes of Paris.

No comments: