Thursday, October 09, 2008

In The Kitchen: Salmon Chili Biscuits

Wednesday night I was searching my cabinets for something to fix for supper and found a can of Salmon. I thought Salmon Cakes would be nice, but wait, I had no bread crumbs. I then remembered I and a package of biscuit mix. I first sauteed some thinly sliced Shallots and fresh Hatch Red Chili. I combined with salmon with a can of fire roasted chilis, some sliced black olives, and the Shallot and red chili mixture. I then added enough Mayonaise to well moisten the mixture. I then slowly added the biscuit mix, mixing with a large spoon until I had a dough mixture. I then made 4 patties and put in iron skillet sprayed with Grill Pam so biscuits would not stick. I baked in 400 degree preheated oven for about 18min.

No comments: