Friday, September 19, 2008

Art Walk: New DMA Painting and a Walk through the Sculpture Garden


This is one of the most recent acquisitions by the Dallas Museum of art and one of my favorite. I became familiar with Marsden Hartley in my studies of Artists and Photographers working in Northern New Mexico in the early 20th Century.


Through the DMA Sculpture garden there a several waterfalls. I took this closeup showing the patterns created by the water falling.

There are many walls and water channels through the garden.















Two Part Bench: A Pair, 1988
Porto-beige limestone.

Scott Burton, American 1939-89


This is part of the Rachofsky Collection.
and is one of my favorites. I have sketched this in charcoal.




Sea Form (Atlantic) 1964
Bronze

Barbara Hepworth, Great Britain 1903-75

Another one of my favorites. I have also sketched this bronze in Charcoal.












I walked behind the Seaform and looked through one of the holes to see what it framed and found this.

No comments: