Wednesday, June 21, 2006

New Cutting Horse Watercolor

After a fiasco in rendering proportions with a cutting horse pastel yesterday, I decided to retrace my steps and try again in watercolor. This one worked MUCH better. If you did not see the pastel on this blog, it is too late, I took it off :) This time I carefully gridded my paper and the image I was painting. I carefully sketched my subject, and then moved to the painting table where I removed most of the grid lines and started the painting. This painting is on a 15x20 sheet of watercolor paper. Digitally photographing the painting really helps to see what works and what needs to be fixed or done differently next time. It is quite challenging painting a blue roan.


No comments: