Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Chicken Cacciatore

Tonight I did my best to reproduce a recipe I used to prepare when I was in my late teens and working in a neighborhood Italian Restaurant. The Recipe is Chicken Cacciatore and I used Leg Quarters, first brasing them in a little oil. I then added 1 regular sized can of Italian Stewed Tomatoes, 1 cup Merlot, 1/2 bell pepper, and 1/2 cup of mushrooms, and enough water to just cover the chicken. I cooked until the chicken was nearly coming off the bone. I then added long strips of yellow squash and continued cooking until the Squash was done. About 20 min before Cacciatore was finished I prepared a small amount of Penne Pasta and added enough Olive Oil to coat pasta and added a small amount of fresh parmesian cheese. I put Chicken legs on plate with Pasta and served the sauce over the pasta. I served a Green salad with Basalmic Vinegar and Olive Oil Dressing.

No comments: