Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Coho Salmon with Kholrabi, Carrot, Broccoli Stirfry

Late this afternoon I made a trip to Central Market with a Coupon for $10 off Seafood with $40 Purchase. In the produce department I found one of my favorite but lately rare vegetables, Kholrabi.
I also got a couple of large organic carrots. In the Seafood Department I picked out a nice Coho Salmon Filet and about 6 medium peeled shrimp to round out my $10 seafood allowance.
When I arrived home I grated on of the Kholrabi roots along with about one half of one of the carrots. I also sliced the stalk and florets of small crown of broccoli. I then stirfried these vegetables in Olive Oil and butter with garlic salt. When nearly complete I added and cooked the 5-6 shrimp and cooked til they were ready. I braised the Salmon in Olive and Canola oil for 2 minutes on each side and then finished a 425 degree oven for 6 minutes. After it was finished I put some Fisher and Wieser Mango Ginger Habanero Sauce and then served. Dang it was good!

No comments: