Friday, May 26, 2006

McKinney Hills watercolors, Big Bend National Park, Texas.

During Fall of 1984 through the early Summer of 1985 I was doing Geology Thesis field work in a remote eastern side of Big Bend National Park. I spent up to 4 days at a time in the field and often did watercolor paintings in the evenings after I finished.
Mckinney Hills ViewThese two watercolors are of a prominent ridgeline from three different points of view. The top section of the painting in the upper right is a view from the North west as I approached McKinney Springs. The Lower section of the top painting and the painting to the left are looking at this ridgeline from the interior of the McKinney Hills. I have several additional watercolors in this Adobe Album. The painting of the bare tree and pedernal was done in Northern New Mexico, the other paintings were done in my thesis research area in Big Bend National Park.

No comments: