Thursday, May 04, 2006

Trip to Brenham, Texas

I finally got off to Brenham by 2pm after doing laundry and running errands. The trip was uneventful with one stop at Starbucks in Waco. I had a nice trip through rolling green hills. I saw fields of 20 inch corn stalks and lots of goats. I really prefer these blue highways over the interstate and the associated construction. I did encounter a few sections of construction though, but no delays. I was aggravated by a semi that was tailgating a few times along a 50 mile stretch. I am staying at a nice Comfort Suites Hotel with wireless broadband. Tomorrow morning I head over to the Washington County Fairgrounds about 7:30a and get all my strobes and display table set up. The Cutting horse show starts at 9am with the Classic (5/6 year old horses). Please pray for a overcast day so I do not have to deal with the extreme backlighting I encountered last year, but spare me from a storm. Do I ask too much?

-JA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good description! I felt like I was running down the road right there with you, Jim.