Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Walk Through Art


After mailing orders from last week I headed to the "New" Northpark Mall in Dallas. This is the same Mall I grew up visiting on a regular basis. I saw the same tile planters with the sloping wall and kids are still running up and down the slope. This mall is like a northern annex of the Nasher Sculpture Center, but without the $10 admission fee. It is chock full of "REAL" art, by artists including Andy Warhol. The sculpture above is by an artist whose name I forget (will update when I remember or am reminded) but I see his work at the Dallas Museum of Art on the Ross Street Plaza. It is really fun watching folks walk through it and stop in the center and look up. This is a great way to get folks to notice art. If you can't get them to the museum, take the Museum to the people.

-JA

No comments: